Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sunday Best v.257

Mural by Bradley Theodore

Oh, lordy I am so behind on things I want to write about! I will try to carve out some time to actually update, but life has been CA-RAZY. Last weekend we spent our entire Sunday at a car dealership buying a replacement for my car, which was limping down the road. I also have accepted a new job and changing jobs is so, so stressful. October is also a super busy social time in Hampton Roads because the weather is moderate enough to enjoy! And to top it all off, I've had a cold this week and I've been trying to carve out enough time each night for a NyQuil coma. 

BUT. I can at least share some links, can't I? Here's a few to peruse on your lazy Sunday:
  • ICYMI last week: the Weezer/Kanye mashup you didn't know you were waiting for.
  • The adorable bromance of Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg. And while we're at it, the touching tribute Bryce Dallas Howard gave to her dad, Ron Howard.
  • The best podcasts to start with in any subject.
  • I love tiny furniture, so I want to visit this French museum devoted to tiny film sets.
  • Handy dandy ios9 iphone tricks.
  • Kids should do chores and here's why.
  • Maps of prejudice. Guilty of thinking a lot of these things are true!
  • This video illustrates how few women are in leadership roles. It's crazy!
  • Particularly great Gloria Steinem interviews from The New Yorker and Lenny.
  • Artist Statements of the old masters. Hilarious art history jokes abound!
  • I'm carving out some time to read this story about a man making a life after prison.

No comments: