Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Winchester Weekend Trip: Beer Me!


This past weekend, we ventured to Winchester, Va. to see what's brewing (hahahaha) at our friends' nanobrewery, anticipated to open this November! They have big plans to create a great space where you can go hang out with friends and sample small-batch beers with creative flavors, like a chipotle-smoked porter or tomatillo saison. Their biggest project right now: raise $8,500 through Kickstarter. It looks like it's going great! We can't wait to head up there and help out/hang out once they're open.


While we were in Winchester, we stopped by 5050 Taphouse, a burger and beer emporium with impressively wacky burgers I just had to share. Sean had the second waffleburger of his life (it's seriously his favorite thing).

I had the Crunchy and Funky, featuring bleu cheese, Fritos and drunken onions. I'm all about Fritos on a sandwich. Already scheming how to incorporate more of that in my life.

It was a good and productive weekend. If you're so inclined to give, you can take home some truly great prizes, including custom limited-edition T-shirts, beer can glasses and a beautiful turquoise stainless steel growler that I can't wait to carry when I saunter up to the filling station at my fancy Kroger.

No comments: