Tuesday, April 28, 2015

New Addition: The Siesta Chair


We have a new comfy friend in our lives! My in-laws bought Norwegian designer Ingmar Relling's Westnofa Siesta chair in the early 70s for like, $150 and have had it ever since. It's a little scratched up, but from the first time I visited their house, I thought it was an extremely handsome chair. I was delighted when they let us know they wanted us to have it, even though I had no idea where exactly to put it. It landed in the living room and although I'm still not 100% happy with the furniture layout, I can vouch that the chair is a great addition.


It's lovely distressed tan leather supported by bentwood beams, canvas and rope. It's like a stylish La-Z-Boy. 1st Dibs called it "one of the most comfortable chairs" ever designed.


I decided to take it for a spin drive yesterday afternoon, finishing The Signature of All Things during a blissful (and sleepy) few hours. I truly almost fell asleep in this chair and I am NOT a napper! It's a great addition to the room and definitely gives the living room area a heavy library vibe. Now I just need to get a cat to sit in my lap for ultimate reading bliss!

1 comment:

Laura R. said...

when you visit me, I’m going to have to keep a close eye on my antelope bookends. when I visit you, you better keep watch on that chair.

I LOVE IT.