Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Let There Be LIGHT

 It's finally come...my 30th birthday week! And of course, it's probably one of the busiest and most stressful weeks I've had in my life. In addition to a major fundraiser at work and a few nighttime events this week, I'm spending every spare moment packing and preparing to close on our house. I'm almost too busy to even acknowledge my birthday this year, but I decided to plan an outing after all and was so delighted that so many friends could join in.

My friends and I ventured to the Hermitage Museum in Norfolk to view its installation, LIGHT by Bruce Munro. The installation is only on view until January, so be sure to carve out some time to tromp through the gardens! Here are a few of the incredible installations we enjoyed:

 Each globe is made of glass!



 This "shower" was made of fiberoptic cable that blinked a message in Morse code...so cool!

 A gorgeous installation inside the museum reminded me of the main hall in Harry Potter!

 Sean and I in the field of light.

Thank you to the whole gang for celebrating my birthday early! I feel super blessed...and almost ready to hit the big 3-0.

No comments: