Friday, October 3, 2014

Jams of the Week: Fall Makeup Edition

Do you change up your makeup for the seasons? I always do, and I'm almost boring about it. If summer is all bronzes and pinks, fall is berries, cherries and smoke. Here are a few make-up jams I've been rocking now that it's officially October:

I love this inexpensive palette mix of gold-flecked neutrals, bright pinks and smoky browns. I've been doing a smokey daytime eye for the past few days, using the middle brown color as an eyeliner. It's a fun switch from my summer routine of peaches and bronzes.

Lip Gloss Jam: Burt's Bees in Ruby Moon


This Burt's Bees lip gloss is a great deep shade of ruby, with more of a berry tone than red. The gloss is surprisingly thick and opaque, which is a little dramatic for daytime but in a fun way! Wearing the gloss with the smoky eye makes me feel like a silent film star.

Nude Lipstick Jam: Jennifer's Nude (bwahahaha)


I used to LOVE a nude lipstick in the late 90s and early-aughts. But in the past few years, it's been all about a bright lip and I definitely pushed nude lipsticks out of my consciousness. I'm feeling it's due for a comeback, though, especially when paired with a smoky eye. Loreal came out with a line of nudes for every skin tone, matching their various celebrity spokeswomen. I picked up the lipstick made for J.Lo (we're both bringing that Puerto Rican spice) and it's just about a perfect fit.

Fall Nail Jam: Essie Cashmere Bathrobe


I picked this color up last year and I find myself gazing at it in different types of lighting because it's such a fascinating shade. In some light, it looks like gunmetal; in others, it looks like a deep navy sky. It's very sophisticated, in my opinion.

No comments: