Tuesday, October 28, 2014

House-Hunting Update: We Found It!!



WE FOUND IT!!

I've been holding out on you guys. For the past few weeks, we've been embroiled in the particulars of actually buying a house...I wanted to update so bad, but I also wanted to wait until it seemed really real.

Here's what happened:


On our way to an event one night, we decided to stop into an open house. The house itself didn't seem that exciting from the MLS pictures, but we thought it was worth a shot. We walked through the house, which is in one of my favorite neighborhoods we visited, and because it was an open house, we were both super quiet.

I was thinking the space seemed nice, the layout was good, and the yard...


The yard is FANTASTIC. For the first time since we started looking, I felt like we'd found a house that checked more boxes on our wish list than any other. We got in the car, and I turned to Sean and said, "Soooooooo???"

And he said, "Meh. The rooms were kinda small." Ppppphhhhhhewwwwwwwwwwww (the sound of my balloon deflating). Back to the drawing board.

We went back out a couple weeks later and looked at several more houses...old houses, flipped houses, newer houses, split levels, Dutch colonials and so on. And much to my shock and amazement, Sean said, "You know what? I think that open house we saw was the best we've seen. I think I'd like to see it again." We went back and lo and behold, Sean declared it "the one." This man will be the death of me.

That put the wheels in motion and for our fourth wedding anniversary, we scrapped plans to attend an art opening and spent the evening filling out our official offer. If all goes according to plan, we'll be closing the weekend of my 30th birthday. 

So, as you can imagine, the blog will be heading straight into the next frontier of my domestication process: home improvement! Don't worry; many follies are sure to follow.

No comments: