Thursday, February 13, 2014

Wine Club: Valentine's Labels

Wine Club met up for its annual sampling of wines of romance last week. The rules are simple: choose a romantic or suggestive label and see if the contents are as alluring as the designs! 


  •  Temptation Zinfandel: This zin is a blend of zinfandel grapes from several regions, and has hints of red fruits, including strawberry. 
  • Lo Tengo Malbec: I brought this spicy malbec, which was a big crowd-pleaser if I do say so myself. It has hints of blueberry and sweet plum.
  • Dearly Beloved Red: This Trader Joe's wine might be inexpensive, but it ain't bad! It's an extremely drinkable red, blended from not one, not two, but five grapes: zinfandel, merlot, petite syrah, syrah and Cab Franc.

 Wink Red: This red table wine has flavors of ripe berries, with a smooth finish. Easy breezy, just like its cover girl.


  •  Be Flirty Pink Moscato: I'm a sucker for girly, sweet, wimpy Kool Aid-y wines, so of course I loved this! It's sweet and sparkly, just like it should be.


  • Chocolate Box Truffle Moscato: Another delicious, sweet, sparkly moscato. I can't get enough, and that label is damn near the cutest I've ever seen.
Have a very sweet and romantic Valentine's Day, whether it's with your significant other, a Galentine's Day or a bottle for yourself and your Netflix!

No comments: