Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Belated Look Back at 2013

I feel so out of it, guys. I'm completely distracted and have been neglecting my blog, which is sad because it's really as much for my benefit as it is for my sweet readers. I wanted to do a little reflection, so humor me while we look back.

January

In January, I babysat Ashleigh's puppy, which was actually a pretty big deal for me! 

February

In February, we went to see Icona Pop, Matt & Kim and Passion Pit and it was wonderful! Matt & Kim are amazing live.

March

In March, I helped throw a tea party baby shower and made a runner and pennant banner!

April

In April, I helped pull off a surprise 30th birthday party for my husband and his best friend! I also changed jobs, which was really the biggest thing that happened this year.

May

May marked my triumphant return to wine fest!

June


In June, Sean and I went to see the amazing Tom Wesselman show in Richmond and I hosted a North Carolina-themed wine club.

July

In July, I finally made a terrarium (although one of these plants thrived and the other is totally gone...weird) and went to Savannah!


August

In August, we went to our first drag brunch and...

went to explore Barboursville after a wedding!

September

In September, we went on our first family vacay to Washington, D.C.!

October

In October, Sean stunned me with a wonderful surprise anniversary trip to Ocracoke!

November

In November, Wine Club took a painting class and it was so fun!

December


And I followed that up with a glassblowing session to create my own ornament!

It's been an amazing year of fun, but Sean and I both want to really accomplish some big goals in 2014: buy a car, move (either to another rental or possibly buy) and I'm really hoping we can magically have money left over to go to Amsterdam and maybe Paris. Whew! Wish us luck.

No comments: