Thursday, November 21, 2013

I Can't Quit You, Beef


I've been insanely busy at work, but I had to check in to say: guys, ground turkey is just not as good. I've tried to convert Sean to turkey burgers and the other day, to turkey chili, but y'all....it's hard to convince myself!

Am I the only one, or are you all lying when you say turkey everything is delicious? I even hated the smell. Once I was eating the chili, it wasn't so bad, but I'm thinking the cheese and Fritos I insisted on adding might have removed some of the health value of using turkey. I totally doused it in spices, but maybe you guys have some other tips to mask its essential turkey-ness?

In summation: eatin' healthier is hard, surprise surprise.

1 comment:

Laura R. said...

I've noticed that some brands cook differently than others. I can't remember which brand we've had the best success with. Have you tried turkey or chicken sausage? I like using hot Italian turkey sausage with pasta and chicken sausage with eggs.