Thursday, October 10, 2013

Modern Jane Austen-Inspired Wedding

Every year, I like to celebrate my anniversary on my blog by dipping my toes back in the fantasy world of wedding planning. It's a shame we're only supposed to have one, because I can imagine planning limitless weddings, for every type of mood. Today's fantasy wedding is inspired by the Jane Austen era and let me say, it's making me wish I could have my wedding again!

The Jane Austen look is pure romance...demure, delicate colors and soft updos accented with delicate jewelry, as you'll see in top (Emma), above (Pride and Prejudice)...

The OTHER Pride and Prejudice...

And my favorite, Sense and Sensibility.

Jane Austen-Inspired Bride

Regency Inspired Wedding

  1. I would wear a romantic jeweled headband or ribbon in my hair, like this one by Jennifer Behr.
  2. This Temperley gown captures the romance of the era without becoming a Regency costume. I want this gown.
  3. I would accessorize with beautiful dangly earrings in a classic motif, such as these cameo earrings, antiques from 1st Dibs.
  4. Something blue: an antique sapphire ring.
  5. Modernize the dressed-up slipper with these sheer Kate Spade heels.
  6. Carry a sweet, small bouquet, such as a cluster of peonies.
  7. Keep makeup simple and rosy, with a swipe of pink, such as NARS satin lip pencil.

Jane Austen-Inspired Bridesmaids

Regency Bridesmaids

  1. Give the Regency-style empire waist a modern spin in the beautiful muted tones of this Esme maxi dress, $260 at BHLDN.
  2. For a bridemaids' gift, an antique-inspired locket, $68 at C Wonder and an initial ring from Max & Chloe.
  3. Match the romance of the era with the current nude nail trend with this Deborah Lippman polish in nude. 
  4. The girls will look fresh and pretty with Korres Lip Butter Stick in Rose, $15.

No comments: