Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday Best v.166

Watercolor flower by Kim McCarty

Whoops, I nearly forgot to post my favorite links of the week! I swear, y'all, this weekend has been a roller coaster of highs and lows in cooking. I made pert near perfect fried green tomatoes, then made a shrimp pasta dish that Sean and I both found disgusting enough that we ordered pizza! Then I insisted we go to the beach today at the last minute and didn't allow myself enough time to make the short ribs I've had sitting in the fridge for a couple days! What's wrong with me?! Hoping to get myself pulled together this week!
  • Incredible life advice from author George Saunders.
  • Flashback! 90s trends that were super dorky (I'm definitely guilty of the Looney Tunes shirts and one-shouldered overalls).
  • A surreal reenactment of an interview between Vanilla Ice and Arsenio Hall.
  • I love this piece, wherein the journalist goes apartment-hunting with Natasha Lyonne.
  • I was so moved by Jay-Z's performance art film Picasso Baby! I love his concept of breaking down barriers in art.
  • I cried watching this piece about a summer camp for children of incarcerated parents.
  • The story of a brilliant renter-landlord matching service called Nestio.
  • It's so much work to keep up with new music, so here's some fresh acts to check out.
  • Kelly Clarkson bought a beautiful ring that belonged to Jane Austen and England won't let her have it!

No comments: