Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Weekend Hijinks: Balloon Fights, Bands and Terrarium Class

We had another great weekend in Hampton Roads, the kind that makes us grateful to live in such a fun place. In downtown Hampton, the famous Run of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain was reinterpreted as the Rolling of the Bulls, with derby girls standing in for the bulls and water balloons filling in for tomatoes in a street fight. It was amazing to watch!

I was excited to see the Hampton Block Party because an amazing band from my hometown, If Birds Could Fly, was booked to play. They even got this old couple dancing, which warmed my heart.

We had another great dinner at Venture Kitchen & Bar, where I had a trio of delicious, spicy meatballs in a chili glaze...

and the most DELICIOUS grilled asparagus salad with a surprising topping: popcorn! It added this amazing crunch and salty snap to the salad...I swear, I might add popcorn to all my salads!

On Sunday, I trekked to Norfolk to take a terrarium class at Studio Posy. It was so much fun, and I am so happy with my terrarium! Our instructor, Marissa, warned us we will want to make them all the time now...consider yourself warned. You might end up getting a terrarium for Christmas!

No comments: