Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday Best v.164

L'Eclair by Rene Magritte

How fabulous is this painting by Magritte that I just discovered? I love when I find a new-to-me artwork by a famous artist. We're having a great low-key weekend around the house. Friday we hit up an art opening, yesterday I ventured out to buy new running shoes and today we've hit the beach. But I'm just counting the days until next weekend, when Ash and I are going to Savannah for a long weekend! In the meantime, I've got so many great links this week:
  • Incredible composite photos of relatives.
  • A reminder to parents that nonparents have lives, too.
  • You can be the coolest, and your kid will still think you're lame.
  • Famous art and the art it inspired.
  • Microsoft and Google, explained through The Wire.
  • A map that explains San Francisco to New Yorkers.
  • buddy comedy with Louis CK and Woody Allen? I'm there.
  • Another reminder of the excellence of Matt Damon.
  • Blurred Lines, covered by Vampire Weekend.
  • What happens when produce is affected by nuclear radiation.
  • Alanis Morissette's song is finally ironic.
  • Books are radically different when the title is missing one letter.
  • Smart men wearing shorts.
  • Actors who should play Disney princes.
  • Celebrities whose mistakes have been forgotten.

No comments: