Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Translated: Spring Bouquet Into Bedroom


It's been such a long time since I've done one of these posts, which I always enjoy because they help me think about color combinations and inspiration. I haven't been able to get this delicate palette out of my head since I first spotted this bouquet from Martha Stewart Weddings. 

I pictured it in a girly bedroom, luxurious and soothing, yet cheery and fun.

Delicate Spring

  1. Try one wall, or even a nook, in Joy's beautiful wallpaper.
  2. Bring a little nature inside with a sweet, antique-looking bunny sketch by Teagan White.
  3. Capture the delicate folds of the flowers with the soft folds of West Elm's shams.
  4. A tufted gray armchair brings some masculinity to the room, grounding it from becoming too sweet.
  5. Give the room a sunny pop with a yellow linen pillow.
  6. Set the tone of the room with the silvery lavender headboard.
  7. Petal pink looks grown-up in John Robshaw's quilt.
  8. A lotus stool provides the perfect spot to rest a book and a glass of water, or just toss today's dirty clothes.

No comments: