Thursday, March 7, 2013

Spring Fashion Trends: Cobalt

Spring Cobalt


Anyone who follows my Pinterest knows that I go a little obnoxious crazy during fashion weeks. I've been following the shows online since 2002, and it's always super fun for me to play Rachel Zoe in my head and imagine actresses and gals-about-town wearing the fabulous clothes I'll never get my hands on!

Since I have all these images collected in one place now, I thought I'd actually do something with it and go back to see what common themes emerged for spring. One trend immediately popped out: cobalt blue! It was everywhere, including the runways of (left to right) Rachel Comey, Tory Burch, Monique Lhuillier, Herve Leger and Rebecca Minkoff.

Let's translate it to our more budget-friendly mall shops and online stores, shall we?

Cobalt Closet


  1. Spice up the classic striped tee with a bolt of blue, $43 at J.Crew Factory.
  2. Top work blouses and summer sundresses with a cobalt blazer, $75 at Piperlime.
  3. Paired with summer capris and white shorts, this ombre sweater would look perfect on cool beach nights, $30 at H&M.
  4. Take the trend to your nails, with Essie's "Mesmerize".
  5. Cute two-tone flats that look like the ocean, $98 at Kate Spade. (I'm sure knockoffs will be forthcoming.)
  6. Dress up what's already in your closet with Kendra Scott's necklace. Pricey at $108, so I would be on the lookout for similar styles at Forever 21, Target, Urban Outfitters, etc.
  7. Hit the dance floor at spring and summer weddings in Cynthia Rowley's flouncey frock, $140 at The Outnet.

No comments: