Friday, January 4, 2013

Jams of the Week

Delayed Reaction Jam: "Bernie"



I was a little bit interested in "Bernie" when it came out, but after reading a couple meh reviews and knowing absolutely no one who saw it in the theaters and mentioned it, I managed to miss this one. Lo and behold, it started popping up on the "Best of 2012" lists and Jack Black got a Golden Globe nomination, and soon after, everyone and their brother was recommending it. It's on Netflix now, and not only is it a fascinating and well-acted film, but the format is inspired. If anything, the lead character is Carthage, Texas.

Netflix Jam: "Freaks and Geeks"


I've been waiting literally 10 years to rewatch the show, which I watched when it originally aired on NBC in my senior year of high school. It not only holds up; it's classic. It's on Netflix instant now, god bless!

Makeup Jam: Urban Decay Naked palette
One of my favorite Christmas gifts was the Urban Decay Naked eye shadow palette. The colors are perfect, giving a full spectrum of work appropriate and nighttime fancy looks for experimentation. The brush is super good for blending, too, and I'm all about the primer. It's worth the $50. 

Liquor Jam: St. Germain
My best pal Ashleigh was praising St. Germain, an elderflower liquor, so I bought her a bottle for her birthday and a tiny one for me. I didn't know what to expect, but it's delicious. It's great for sipping by itself, but also delicious with white wine or champagne. I kinda can't wait to use it for summer cocktails!

1 comment:

Bret said...

I've been obsessed with St Germain for YEARS! It's great mixed with champagne or in a rose spritzer. It also pairs well with vodka/cranberry.