Monday, December 17, 2012

Easy Honey Chipotle Meatballs


Martha Stewart has this recipe for honey chipotle turkey meatballs that seems great and easy. But why not make it a touch easier, for quick nighttime cooking? Rather than make my own turkey meatballs, I bought some pre-made ones and left myself the easiest prep ever: making the sauce.

While I cooked the meatballs in a skillet with olive oil, I mixed 2 tablespoons of honey, about 1 1/2 tablespoons of chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and 2 teaspoons of cider vinegar. Fiddle around the amounts of each ingredient to find the right mix for you; we both think we can handle more spice than we actually can, so next time, I'd go heavier on the honey. 

Once the meatballs were browned on all sides and heated through (check on that...I had one or two that were still a little cold), pour the sauce over and let it bubble up and then simmer until it has reduced, thickened and coated the meatballs. This is the method Martha recommends, but it works just fine.


We had ours with rice, which was perfect, if a little bland to photograph. It was a good, quick, spicy dinner.


No comments: