Thursday, November 29, 2012

Chicken with Peach BBQ Sauce

I'm always looking for ways to spice up the standard chicken breast. I should have known Gwyneth Paltrow would have the answer. The high priestess of living the good life whips up peach bbq sauce to give her chicken a distinctive flavor. I LOVED it...Sean LIKED it; I think he would have preferred less ketchup.

The sauce is pretty easy to make with pantry and freezer staples. Bring a mixture of chopped frozen peaches (thawed), ketchup, lemon juice, garlic cloves and adobo sauce to a boil, then turn the heat down to let it simmer until the peaches are soft.

Once the mixture has cooled a bit, put it in a blender and puree. Marinate the chicken breasts, already sprinkled with salt and pepper, in the puree for 20 minutes (or refrigerated up to 8 hours and turned occasionally). 

Grill the chicken breast on medium-high heat for about 4-5 minutes on each side, then brush reserve sauce on the breasts and grill 2 additional minutes. Make sure you saved some sauce to serve with the dish!

I had just enough left to pour over the breasts, and it was delicious. I would actually put in more peaches next time...adobo can be overpowering. Also: this recipe made enough for about two breasts, in my opinion, so I would maybe double it if I have a bigger group or want to save some.

No comments: