Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Grace Kelly-inspired Wedding

 Last year, I mentioned that I had enough wedding ideas to plan a million weddings, and people, I was not kidding. My own wedding was vintage-inspired, but nontraditional, but the pretty princess inside me would love to have a Grace Kelly-inspired classic royal wedding. We all sighed with pleasure when we saw Kate Middleton, didn't we? I've imagined what a modern day Grace might wear on her special day.



Get the Look
Grace Kelly Bride
I picture a traditional church wedding, with a garden-set reception at an old manse, maybe a James River plantation like Berkeley. The new Grace Kelly bride might wear a ladylike lace dress with a delicate little bow, but get a modern twist from glitter-heeled pumps. A simple bouquet of baby's breath brings a little humility to a big, blingy emerald-cut diamond.

Dress by Temperley, antique cathedral-length lace veil from Ruby Lane, glitter heels by Kate Spade, pearl and bezel earrings from HSN, Tom Ford lip color in Spanish Pink and ring from Blue Nile.

I picture the modern Grace's bridesmaids being equally glamorous. Maybe in real life, they couldn't all afford Elie Saab couture, but this is dream fantasyland! Put them in rich gem shades and gift them with elegant earrings.

Grace Kelly Bridesmaids


Dresses by, left to right,  Elie Saab, Catherine Deane and Elie Saab. Earrings by Samantha Wills, vintage Chanel and Tinley Road.

No comments: