Friday, October 26, 2012

10 Years Later



Today I'm homeward-bound for my first high school reunion. I've been trying to remember what high school was like, what it felt like and who I was. I'm surprised I barely remember, but I can bet it will all come back. It feels like no time has passed and yet it feels lifetimes ago.

How does it feel to look back 10 years on? Well, this girl wanted to be an entertainment reporter at a major magazine, live in a city for a bit, but by now, hoped to be married and buying a historic home in the burbs of a major metro.

I'm a reporter (not quite at a major magazine...those barely exist these days), I haven't lived in a major city but in some perfectly quaint ones. That girl in the pictures might have been disappointed, but I'm not. I'm happily married to my college sweetheart, and maybe I'll be buying an old house in the next year or two. I'm proud that I was able to leave my tiny little corner of the world and make every new place feel like home. Once you can do that, you can do anything.

No comments: