Friday, September 28, 2012

Jams of the Week

TV Jam: "The New Normal"

I wasn't interested based on the commercials, but "The New Normal" strikes a nice note between funny (albeit stereotyped out the wazoo) and touching. I wasn't sold until I saw this little girl's Little Edie obsession and then I knew I'd found a TV kindred spirit.

Style Jam: These Lulu Frost Earrings
Distraction Jam: Songpop

Have you played Songpop on Facebook? I'm kinda obsessed. Sometimes I'm really good and sometimes I click on all the wrong things and yelp in frustration because I knew the answers and somehow got confused in the moment! It's too much fun, and easy to play on your phone.

Literary Jam: "Laura Lamont's Life in Pictures"

I'm starting this book tonight! I've read Emma Straub's work in magazines, and as soon as I read the plot of her new novel, I thought it sounded like the kind of book I would write! I've always been obsessed with Old Hollywood, and always wondered about the interior lives of stars from that era, so this is right up my alley.

No comments: