Monday, August 6, 2012

New Paintings!

It's no secret it's been a loooooong time since I've painted, or experimented at all. After last year's feverish love affair, I hit a creative wall and started to second-guess every stroke. I'm feeling a little renewed though, and thought I'd share some recent stuff.
Part of what got me painting again was a request from my friend Bret for a painting of the classic Chanel No. 5 bottle.

 I want to experiment more with colors and shapes. Abstract isn't easy for me, but this is one I kinda liked.

 And I'm trying to be looser and more playful with my still lifes. These paintings were inspired by the floral work of Amy Merrick.
Hopefully I can make it a habit again, and not a once-every-three-months activity!

1 comment:

Rachel King said...

So glad to see you've picked up the paintbrush! I love your work!