Thursday, July 5, 2012

Scenes from the Fourth

 I had a lovely Fourth of July! We had some surprise visitors — my in-laws and their sweet boxer Maeve came to enjoy time in our AC since they've been without power for days.

 I spent the day with my buddy Ashleigh. We decided to celebrate our freedom by seeing "Magic Mike," and as always, I carefully picked out my Fourth of July outfit.

 Ashleigh and I, ready to celebrate.

Outfit 2012...

Remember this? Outfit 2011! (same sandals, ha!)

 Ashleigh went above and beyond and tackled this recipe for Cherry Brie Burgers (although she subbed cranberries for cherries). They were so flavorful and delicious! Seriously impressive.

My best contribution of the night was Wild Blue blueberry beer...it's SO good, even non-beer lovers enjoy it.

 Ash is blessed to live on the same block as a pier, so we walked out there to enjoy the fireworks show.

And we finished the night with sparklers!

It was a great day and I'm so sad to be back at work today. How was your fourth?

No comments: