Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Leaving on a Jet Plane


Well, our bags are packed and we're ready to go! We're Ireland-bound, and we're so excited. But the blog won't be dead while I'm gone; I've lined up several guest posts from some of my most well-traveled friends, all writing about their favorite trips, things they've learned and very best travel tips. If you're curious, btw, our passport covers are from Gent Supply Company and the Gap outlet.

I can't promise I'll be able to post to it during the trip, but you can now follow me on Webstagram!

I thought I'd share a peek at my "Going on a Trip" to-do list, after the break.

Going Away Checklist

In My Suitcase
  1. Underwear for 2 weeks
  2. 3-4 pairs of pants
  3. 1 black dress
  4. 4 cardigans
  5. Black tank, white tank
  6. Stripe shirt
  7. A fun shirt with color!
  8. Mini trench
  9. Make-up
  10. 3-oz bottles of hair products and face cream
  11. Blister guard by Band-Aid
  12. Shoes for walking on rough terrain
  13. Flats for city walking
  14. Boots for either!
  15. 3 pairs of socks
  16. 1 pair of tights
  17. Plug adaptors for Europe
  18. Camera charger

In My Carryon/Purse

  1. Essential makeup (concealer, balm, mascara...just in case)
  2. 1 change of clothes, just in case
  3. Kindle or books
  4. Sketchbook and travel watercolor kit
  5. Camera
  6. Guidebook
  7. A snack
  8. Passport

Don’t forget
  1. To xerox your passport just in case you need something to show a consulate if your passport is lost.
  2. To figure out a phone plan that works for you...my in-laws have a plan that works internationally, so we’re going to use one of their phones.
  3. Any extra cords you need for your electronics...I will likely need to charge my Kindle, camera and other items at some point.

At Home
  1. Unplug your electronics to save energy...the TV still sucks energy even if it’s turned off.
  2. Keep the thermostat in the mid-70s unless you opt to completely turn off the air.
  3. Take any perishables out of the fridge
  4. Put a hold on your mail (you can do this on the post office’s website)
  5. Share your itinerary with relatives so they know where you’ll be.


No comments: