Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Orzo with Chicken, Tomatoes and Feta

My friend Chanelle made this delectable creamy orzo with feta and tomatoes a while back. It popped into my mind last night when I was trying to come up with a quick dinner, and I googled around until I found this recipe.

Start by bringing a cup and a half of chicken broth (I always use reduced sodium) to a boil.

 Add half a cup of orzo and let it boil for about nine minutes, until the broth is absorbed by the orzo. Watch out! It will stick to the bottom of the pan if you don't stir it enough.

While I did this, I cooked up a quick chicken breast, seasoning it with pre-mixed lemon pepper spices.

 Move the orzo off the heat, then add feta and minced sun-dried tomatoes to taste, plus salt and pepper. Stir until the feta begins to melt, and then add the chicken.

The orzo was good, but I made the mistake of being a little heavy-handed with the tomatoes, which were a little spicy. I also think it could have benefitted from some basil. Minus the chicken, a great side dish.

No comments: