Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Great Gatsby-Inspired Wedding

If I could do it again, I would be really tempted to have a Great Gatsby-inspired wedding, with a big band, overflowing coupes of champagne and lots of sparkle.

Gatsby Wedding




I would try to have it at a 20's or 30's era home, like the Hermitage Museum in Norfolk, which is now an art museum. I'd capture the Art Deco feel with mercury glass votives and candles, and have a simple, but classic cake.


Art Deco Wedding




Not everyone looks great in a bias-cut satin gown, so I particularly like this draped, forgiving silk Temperley gown. Lulu Frost earrings would add a pop of color, while the Twigs and Honey veil would be the perfect stand-in if you didn't inherit a veil from your great-grandmother. The calla lily bouquet would be sculptural and elegant, and a deep burgundy mouth is a must.


Art Deco Bridesmaids




I would put my bridesmaids in muted tones of blush and butter, with floral accents and beading. For bridesmaids' gifts, I'd buy the Kate Spade floral drop earrings. Metallic sandals would finish the elegant look.

No comments: