Thursday, October 27, 2011

Found it! Perfect Day to Night Dress

I was walking down the street in Williamsburg last night and as I strode past Talbot's, this little dress caught my eye. The Audrey dress doesn't look like much on the site, but is so pretty in person, and so wearable. It's a jersey mix on top with a georgette skirt, which means the top is forgiving and the bottom moves beautifully.

I immediately added the dress to my list of items to remember in a few weeks when it hits sales racks...here's some fanciful ideas of how I'd take the dress from day to night.

Audrey Dress at Work




The dress doesn't come with the belt in the picture, so I'd give it a pop of color with a bright belt, like this orange one over a camel cardigan. Ladylike leopard flats, plus a little daytime bling on the ears would make it the perfect outfit for attending a luncheon, covering a court case or giving a presentation.

Talbot Dress at Night




Come night-time, you can trade the cardigan for a cute, colorful coat and pull on some sparkly shoes and earrings. A classic chain bag will be easier to keep track of than a clutch. Perfect for a night at a play or a dressy dinner party.

No comments: