Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I Spy: 17 Beverly Antiques

I was so happy to get a chance to go to one of my favorite antique shops this past weekend. 17 East Beverley Antiques has several different sellers, so it truly has something for everyone. It's vintage clothing section has exploded since I moved away, and I've never left the store empty-handed. In true "I Spy" fashion, here are some favorites I saw on Saturday:


Alabaster lamps always lend a little class. With a black or red lampshade, this would look great on a bookshelf in an entrance hall. This one, with cute grapes, was $125.


This gold sparkly dress could so easily be turned into a modern hot little number a la New Dress A Day. I think it was like, $45.


This is something you can get almost anywhere, but I thought it was worth noting they had a glass cloche for $25.


I had to giggle when I saw this copy of a painting by Tamara de Lempicka labeled "original painting," but hey, it's an original copy. For $230, it would make a great piece, copy or not, for a glamorous living room or bedroom. I imagine it in an art deco-inspired dressing room.


Every time I've been there, they've had this same collection of horse show ribbons, and I think they would be great for craft or art projects.


In an upstairs room, they had two of these lovely embroidered pillows that looked straight out of IKEA or a fancy French decor store. I thought they would be lovely on a slipcovered couch, or maybe on this new sofa.


For all you glass collectors out there, an upstairs seller has a huge collection of antique glass, much of it from the Shenandoah Valley. I almost bought some for our wedding last year, but fair warning, they are almost all more than $10. Could be great for an Alice in Wonderland-themed party, though, and they always look beautiful on bookshelves and windowsills.

You can see updates on new inventory at 17 Antique's Facebook.

1 comment:

Bret said...

i'm upset you didn't buy that dress for my collection of bea arthur costumes. this could be "bea presents at the tonys."