Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Summer Beauty Faves




Mindy Kaling, of The Office fame, used to write this very funny blog called Things I Bought That I Love. I've been loving on a few beauty products lately that I picked up for summer and I felt the need to share.

In summer, I like to go 1) sheer, 2) bright and 3) long-lasting. So far, all three of these products are meeting my three requirements, although the lip gloss does demand reapplications!

1) Korres Lip Butter Glaze, $14. I have this in pomegranate and it delivers this great, sheer coral color. It's not oversaturated but delivers a lot of punch, and I feel like it could look great on everyone. Also, it's organic, which is a plus!
2) Essie Mod Squad, $4.95 at Amazon. I just picked this up and I'm loving this shade of pink. It's bright but not bubblegum and not neon, either. It falls somewhere in between.
3) Sonia Kashuk Creme Blush, $9.99 at Target. I have this in Petal and it's like a rosey-coral, if such a thing exists. Really sheer but definitely delivers that pop and doesn't fade the way some powder blushes do. I have to admit, though, for long-lasting blush, nothing beats the Tarte gel blush. I wore it on my wedding day and swear by it.

How about you guys? Any summer necessities? I also brush on a little Nars bronzer, but it's a little early for that.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I LOVE Tarte blush!!