Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Wrapping 2010

If you take a little lookie loo, you'll see our tree has, oh, three ornaments on it. I'm hoping to rectify that tonight, but in the meantime, I thought I'd share a sneak peek at this year's Christmas wrapping.

Every year I pick a different color scheme and roll with it. My reasons are two-fold: 1) Everyone knows which gifts are from me and 2) I don't have to buy holiday wrapper, which can't be used during the rest of the year (and which I personally don't enjoy). You can see all my color schemes going back to 2006 here.

This year I chose blue and gold. I didn't really have a reason, except that I wanted it to look rich and festive, and maybe an eensy bit nautical. I bought the gold kraft paper at Target, along with the blue metallic swirly paper. I bought the polka dot and navy rolls of paper at Paper Source. The ribbon came from Michael's and M&J Trimming.

I think they look pretty good so far! I'm still wrapping, though.

This is just another little sneak peek at our holiday decor (which is nowhere near finished). I took down our regular grouping of photographs and paintings and replaced them with the glitter stars from our wedding. They look very lovely, and I'm happy I could use some of the wedding stuff again.

We'll be putting some more ornaments on the tree tonight! I'm excited to finally deck my halls, even if I'll be out of town for most of the holidays.

No comments: