Monday, February 22, 2010

Decor Score!

I had the best shopping experience last week. I've had this Twinkle Living chevron pillow on my wish list for years. It's $50 and I just really, really struggle with spending $50 on one pillow. I LOVE chevrons and I really, really love seafoamy-blue, so I kept fantasizing the day would come that I could own my fantasy pillow.

Well, imagine my delight when I was strolling through my local Target and spotted a seafoam chevron toss pillow in the Dwell section of bedding. I flipped it over and saw the other side has a frou-frou rosette and some birds, which means 2-in-1 styles. Talk about bang for your buck.

To add to my joy, I looked at the price tag: $25. Which means I could buy TWO pillows for the price of one from Twinkle Living.

Happy Little Chevron Pillow. It doesn't even really go that well with my present pattern scheme, but it will someday.

How about you guys? Any awesome shopping triumphs lately?

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I love the colors of the pillow. I always buy such dark colors, and I'm trying to broaden my horizons. Whenever we have a house, I really want a fluffy white bedspread and touches of light blue.

After "the blizzard of '09" (as some called it), we really got in the mood for oil lamps. My mom stocked up, and I always itch for new things anyways. I felt like I'd hit the jackpot when I found the perfect one- it had a nice fat base (which is perfect for royal klutzes like me) and was only 18 bucks...woot!

I *heart* good finds!

Amber said...

Yeah, the older I get, the more I like lots of white and robin's egg blue, especially in the bedroom. My bedroom right now is almost all oatmeal color, but different textures to keep it interesting.

Laura R. said...

gorgeous pillow!! i freaking love pillows and will probably go on a pillow rampage when andy and i buy a home and i know i can finally settle on decorations.
i might be making the brie and raspberry jam bites for a friend's birthday this weekend. they look amazing. thanks for checking out my blog!