Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pizza Margherita On the Fly





You may note these are not the promised tuna steaks. I was just killing time, watching LOST, when I realized I was supposed to marinate the tuna. I had one hour until Sean needed to go to work; the tuna was not thawed and the recipe said to marinate for 1 1/2 hours. So I made an executive decision to put that off until tomorrow. Hopefully we don't die from mishandling fish.

I decided to whip together a pizza margherita for myself, using the leftover tomato and fresh mozzarella from yesterday's salad. I wish I'd had fresh basil, but alas, I'm not cool enough to have a little garden on my porch yet.

Don't worry though; the cupcake adventure will still take place later today. I'm stuck in the house waiting for a package delivery, so I'll have to keep myself busy.

1 comment:

The Madd Crafter said...

I made some of these the other day. Only, the day before, I used a can of Del Monte petite cut tomatoes in garlic and olive oil, mixed some mozzarella that I sliced and cubed myself, and some basil for some awesome bruschetta. I had about half a bowl left of the mixture, so I took crescent rolls, laid them on a baking sheet unrolled, docked them a bit and popped them in the oven for about 5 minutes, then but the left over mixture on top, put them back into the oven for another 5-7 minutes and then enjoyed. It was quiet tasty.