Saturday, April 18, 2009

From the Holcomb Test Kitchen

Sean and I are going out of town Sunday and Monday, so we ate out today. 

With no cooking on my end, I thought Saturdays might be a good day to post the recipes ya'll have been kind enough to share. 

Today's recipe comes from Sarah Holcomb, right, who I met at Pro-Art Summer Camp in the third grade. I thought it would be fun to print it in her own words, which are hilarious.

Sarah's Pizza Casserole
Where She Got It: 
"One of my neighbors made it and we liked it. I decided to try to make it but Mom didn’t know what was in it, so I made it on my own."

Ingredients:
  • Ground beef (I guess a pound, I dunno).
  • About half a box of bowtie noodles or penne. “Any noodle you want, really.”
  • Jar of Ragu pizza sauce. “You could probably use pasta sauce if you wanted to.”
  • An entire bag of mozzarella or “Italian” cheese
  • Pepperoni
  • Any veggies you want

Directions:

  1. Season meat with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Just brown it up, do what you do.
  2. Drain it, put it in a glass or if you don’t want to be classy, aluminum baking dish.
  3. Boil your noodles with salt and pepper in the water.
  4. Put the noodles, can of sauce, vegetables and meat in a baking dish and mix it all up so that it’s evenly coated. You could probably add the vegetables to the sauce; I dunno, I haven’t made it with vegetables.
  5. Cover it with the cheese and layer on the pepperonis as you wish. You can do as much or as little as you want, or use ham, or whatever makes you happy.
  6. Preheat the oven to 375 and pop it in for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melty and gooey. The prime time for cheese-melting is when it reaches its gooey stage.

 So there’s you a pizza casserole."

Sounds pretty easy. Sarah says it's great for cleaning out the fridge and cupboards, especially when you don't have much time. Plus, anything with the name "pizza" sounds seductive to Sean.

No comments: